Friday, September 07, 2007

Holy Crap!

I guess this is what the internet's for - letting me dig up websites like this one on "CDD". CDD if you're new to the subject is Christian Domestic Discipline - church-condoned domestic violence against women. Or to put it in their own euphemistic language "It is the husband loving the wife enough to guide and teach her, and the wife loving the husband enough to follow his leadership." Puke! But good news girls - God made us specially so we'd like being the victims of violence: "...we will not seek to deny the erotic nature of some CDD marriages as we believe it is a natural consequence of following God's plan. After all, He created eroticism to be enjoyed inside a Christian marriage."

And of course they don't condone the wife spanking the husband - even if God made some of them such that they'd like it too. "The wife does not have authority to spank her husband.", which strikes me as odd when you consider that Jesus told us all to "turn the other cheek". Hmmm.

My other two favourite quotes from the site are:
"Welcome to Christian Domestic Discipline. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and make yourself at home!"
and "Loving Wife Spanking in a Christian Marriage"

5 comments:

Absinthecity said...

Very weird *shudder*

The only thing I'd add though is if it weren't for the inclusion of the word 'Christian', this would be pretty much indistinguishable from one of many BDSM/male-dom websites that populate the net (alongside - I'm guessing - just as many femme-dom oriented ones).

Personally this site makes my flesh creep, but would you feel differently if it were labeled as a fetish site?

Kirsten said...

Yeah, but there's a whole world of difference between 'I spank my wife because that's how we both get our jollies' and 'I spank my wife because God told me to.'

BDSM, at least in theory, is not based on the idea that on the idea that the person doing the dominating is inherently superior to the submissive partner, where as CDD is.

Cruella said...

I think most BDSM fetish sites (not that I am really the expert) would say that either the guy or the girl could be the spank-ee - whoever enjoyed it. If it didn't then I would be kinda horrified about it.

Stan said...

To me if the activity is consensual then its none of our bees-wax.

In the West a woman can choose to live such a lifestyle (don't ask me what would compel her) - under some forms of Islam it's compulsory.

It's the latter case that would concern me rather than the former.

Cruella said...

Yeah the website is a bit confused about whether it's consensual or not. On the one hand they say "only if the woman consents" then they say the practice is in keeping with God's law. And they do say it's not ok for women to spank their husbands which seems unfair on those guys who might like it...