Monday, September 20, 2004

Cruella "will not quit" blogging due to stress

Ok I have had a few days off, due to mainly having to go back to my old uni for a reunion dinner the details of which definitely don't bear publishing on the internet and various other commitments. However I am back now and stronger than ever,...

The whole hoo-haa about Tony and whether or not he wanted to quit office at some point earlier in the year is a bit daft. Strikes me as an attempt to engage in smoke and mirrors to obscure key things going on right now such as the fact that he's had to admit we're still at war with Iraq...

I suspect part of the cunning plan behind the deliberately "spun" story is to generate public sympathy. Poor Tony, it must be tough being in charge of the country, earning a raging fortune and being waited on hand and foot but an army of flunkies. If we need another sob story there are plenty in Iraq: civilians and soldiers on both sides injured, killed, tortured, broken. I'm sure a large number of them would happily swap jobs with Bliar. I also think we need someone to run the country who can give 100% to the job. Then maybe they could do stuff like checking intelligence reports thoroughly before marching to war.

No comments: