Monday, September 27, 2004

Baby obsession, this exchange made me laugh...

(From a private egroup I belong to, names changed.. have to start reading at the bottom though cos I haven't changed it round from the email I sent)

no shit. i agree with jim for once. i'm really pleased for you maggie, cos its what you want, but i think motherhood (not something that has ever figured in my life plans) should be thought of as a very hard job, rather than a spiritual experience. and i agree that you have to balance needs of maggie and darren with needs of ankle-biter.

cruella (also no offence ruby)

From: Jim
Sent: 27 September 2004 09:24
Subject: RE: Happy news :-)

Oh ffs. Pass the bucket. ;)

Millions of women get pregnant, and whereas I'm happy for Maggie as it's what she wants, I know it's also gonna be hard work for both Maggie and Darren alike.

There is more to life than 'being a mum'. Just because you have kids, you shouldn't let your IQ dribble out of your ears. You should also take time out to remember that you and your partner are just as important as your child. Only between you all, can you make a cohesive happy unit.

Sorry, but sanctimonious motherhood really gets on my t!ts (nothing personal ruby).

-Jim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruby
Sent: 27 September 2004 04:20
Re: Happy news :-)

Congratulations and enjoy being pregnant for the first time. It's such an experience, and may you feel like the first woman in the world to be pregnant, because you deserve it.

Love
Ruby
x

----- Original Message -----
From: Maggie
Sent: 23 September 2004 15:28
Subject: Happy news :-)
Just wanted to share with you all our very happy news.

I'm NOT fat

I'm PREGNANT :-)

Baby is due end of March, and is currently 13 weeks "old" and doing fine. We had our scan last week which showed the correct number of legs, arms etc (when baby finally stopped jigging around and doing a headstand and stayed still long enough to count!)

So I happily join the "Mamas and Papas" club - do we get a discount with that or a free cuddly toy ?

Love Maggie

No comments: